Researching which water softener to buy and want to know more about BWT? We’re here to help. This post is a BWT WS455 Hi Flow Review, which will tell you everything you need to know about this softener.
What Is the BWT WS455 Hi Flow Water Softener?
The BWT WS455 Hi Flow Electronic Demand is a popular electric water softener when searching online.
This product is electric, has a single tank and is a tablet salt fed system.
Is It the Best Choice for My Home?
This softener is for 2 to 3 bathroom homes.
The BWT WS455 Hi Flow Review Score & Rating
Summary: What’s Great About This Softener
Reputable Brand , Low Cost & Labour Warranty.
At £489, this softener is ideal for a short term tight budget. The brand itself, BWT, is popular online and pretty renowned in the UK and Europe. As a result, there are reviews online which you can read, before making any decisions.
What’s more, BWT also provide a 2 year labour warranty – which is always a nice to have.
Summary: What’s Not So Great About This Softener
Electric, Poor Efficiency & Flow Rate.
At a low cost there are several drawbacks that come with purchasing this product. For example, the flow rate of this softener is lower than other systems available, mainly due to it being a single tank.
The lower efficiency in terms of water and salt, also means initially you might spend less on the softener itself, but will have to pay more to run the product over time.
The Technical Specifics:
- Design & Size
A single tank design, electric water softener.
Tablet salt fed system.
Size hxwxd: 532x270x480
- Performance & Efficiency
Salt usage: 0.3- 1.2 Kg per regeneration.
Water usage per regeneration: 75L.
Regeneration time: NA
- Flow Rate & Soft Water Capacity
Max Flow Rate: 10-25L/min with a 1 bar pressure drop
Soft Water Capacity: NA
Min/Max Pressure: 1-5Bar.
- Durability & Certification
5 years Warranty for parts, 2 years labour.
- Low cost. And it is easy to buy online.
- Lots of online reviews. Being on the market for some time means plenty of people have left valuable feedback for this product. You’ll find online reviews and Trust Pilot reviews when searching on Google.
- 5-year parts warranty & 2 years labour. This can provide reassurance and help you to save on repair costs.
- High quality brand. BWT are a reputable company in the UK and Europe.
- Needs to be serviced regularly. Must be serviced every 2 years due to it being electric – and after 2 years you will need to pay a call out charge and fee.
- Electric. Meaning higher running costs and you could experience short circuiting.
- Single tank water softener. So, the soft water supply is cut off as the system regenerates.
- Manual regeneration. You’ll have to manually set the regen to a time in the middle of the night, when you are not using the water.
- Lower Efficiency. More expensive to run than other systems, using around 75L of water per regeneration (a lot of water for a single tank).
- Low flow rate that will decrease with water hardness. The flow rate of this system is 25L/min. You may experience pressure loss when more than one person is using the water.
Price, Value & Where to Buy
As a single tank softener, this product is likely better suited for very small homes Vs claimed homes with 4-6 people. BWT is a good and very reputable brand. Therefore, on a budget it might be a cost effective hard water solution. However, it is important to consider the long-term costs of any machine. For example, factoring in how expensive the machine is to run, how much water and salt it uses and service call costs. This softener needs to be serviced regularly and with electricity costs, higher salt and water usage – the overall price over time may add up.
You can find this softener on Amazon.
We hope this BWT WS455 Hi Flow Review has been helpful, if you want to keep researching, checkout our other reviews below.
Before you buy check out these other Reviews…
The Harvey S4 Water Softener Review
The Kinetico Premier Compact Review
The Harvey Crown Water Softener Review