Looking to find out more about the MiniMax Major water softener? This Harvey MiniMax Major review has all the information you need to know before going ahead with a purchase.
What Is the Harvey MiniMax Major Water Softener?
The MiniMax Major is a Harvey water softener, designed for larger family homes with more than 4 bathrooms. It is almost exactly the same as the Harvey HVX and similar to the Harvey XL1 and XL2.
The Major has a twin-cylinder design and is a non-electric tablet salt water softener.
Is It the Best Choice for My Home?
This softener is designed for family homes with more than 4 bathrooms. It has a high flow rate, designed to supply a large amount of soft water.
The MiniMax Major Water Softener Review Score & Rating
Summary: What’s Great About This Softener
High Flow Rate. Great Warranty.
The Harvey MiniMax Major is designed for large homes and therefore has a high maximum flow rate of 80L/min. It also comes complete with a 10-year warranty.
Summary: What’s Not So Great About This Softener
Hard to Source. Large in Size. Lower Pressure.
This water softener is sold within an exclusive dealer network. Therefore, it can sometimes be hard to come across. It has the same specification as other Harvey models such as the TwinTec XL1 and HVX, but the prices of these products are not the same. It comes in two compartments, the softener and a brine tank. This can make the softener a little more difficult to install and you need a lot of space. It also has a maximum operational pressure of 6, which is slightly lower than the HVX and XL2.
The Technical Specifics:
- Design & Size
Twin tank. Non- electric. Tablet salt (XL1 and HVX are a other Harvey alternatives).
Size dimensions hxwxd:
Performance & Efficiency
Water usage per regeneration: 37L.
Regeneration time: 20 minutes.
- Flow Rate & Soft Water Capacity
Max Flow Rate: 80L/min
Min/Max Pressure: 1-6 Bar.
- Durability & Certification
- High capacity and flow rate. The Major has a flow rate of 80L/min – one of the highest flow rates available. Perfect for larger homes.
- Non-Electric. With lower running costs.
- Twin Tank Design. You’ll have soft water 24 hours a day.
- High salt capacity. Standard water softeners can hold 20kg of salt at any one time.
- Designed for large properties. Meaning you won’t see a water pressure drop.
- Lower operational pressure of 6 bar.
- Large size. This softener is large with two compartments. That means you need to be sure you have space.
- It is more expensive.
- Is similar to other models. Including the HVX. What’s more, the Harvey Big Blue also appears to be more efficient so a better option for the same price.
Price, Value & Where to Buy
The MiniMax Major water softener is a great system for larger homes, with more than 4 bathrooms. It has a very similar specification to the HVX and XL1, but also has an added benefit of a 10-year warranty.
However, it is mainly available through a dealer network. Find out your local dealer at MiniMax.
We hope this Harvey Minimax Major review has been helpful, check out more reviews on other large water softeners below.
Before you buy check out these other Reviews…
The Kinetico Premier Plus Review
The Harvey HVX Water Softener Review
The Harvey XL2 Water Softener Review