Searching for a larger water softener? We can help you choose. This post is a Harvey XL2 Review, which contains everything you need to know about this product.
What Is the Harvey XL2 Water Softener?
The Harvey XL2 is a large domestic water softener, designed with a higher soft water capacity and flow rate to meet the needs of a larger home. It falls in line with models such as the HVX. It is a non-electric, twin tank water softener which comes in two compartments – a softening tank and a brine tank.
The XL2 is a block salt fed system and the XL1 is a tablet salt system.
Is It the Best Choice for My Home?
This softener is for bigger homes with 5 or more bathrooms.
The Harvey XL2 Review Score & Rating
Summary: What’s Great About This Softener
High Capacity. High Flow Rate. Great Warranty.
The Harvey XL 2 is a large twin tank softener from Harvey, designed for larger family homes. This softener has a great soft water capacity and excellent flow rate of 80L/min. That means it is great for large properties with multiple occupants.
The system itself is non-electric and pretty efficient in terms of salt and water usage – making it a cost-effective machine to maintain over the years. It can even hold 24kg of salt at any one time – that’s 6 blocks at a time.
If you’re looking for something with reliability – this TwinTec system offers a 10 year warranty on parts. This softene is perfect for homes with more than 4 bathrooms.
Summary: What’s Not So Great About This Softener
Higher Price. Larger in Size.
The size of this softener is bigger than most softeners. It actually comes in two compartments. For that reason, you may struggle to fit the unit underneath a sink and might require a garage or bigger space. Consequently, it’s not ideal for homes with limited space available.
With a price of around £1795, this softener is not the cheapest available, however you will struggle to find a comparable large system at a lower price. Another drawback is that this system also only comes with only a 2-year warranty.
The Technical Specifics:
- Design & Size
Twin tank. Non- electric. Block salt (XL1 is a tablet salt alternative).
Size dimensions hxwxd:
Performance & Efficiency
Salt usage: 900g – 1300g
Water usage per regeneration: 37L.
Regeneration time: 20 minutes.
- Flow Rate & Soft Water Capacity
Max Flow Rate: 80L/min
Min/Max Pressure: 1-8 Bar.
- Durability & Certification
- High capacity and high flow rate. The XL2 has a flow rate of 80L/min – one of the highest flow rates available for a domestic water softener.
- 10 -year warranty. Unlike the Big Blue (which has a 5 year warranty), the XL2 offers a 10 year warranty.
- Non-Electric. A non-electric system is easier to install and costs less to maintain over time. What’s more, this product is fully automatic and uses a metering system to automatically regenerate when it needs to.
- Twin Tank Design. You’ll have a constant supply of soft water, 24 hours a day.
- Efficient. This larger water softener has a great salt and water usage per regeneration. The regeneration of this softener happens less often due to its higher soft water capacity.
- High salt capacity. Standard water softeners can hold 8kg of salt at any one time. But the XL2 can hold 24kg, 6 blocks. This means you won’t have to replace the salt as often.
- Designed for large properties. Meaning you won’t see a drop in your water pressure.
- It has a large size. This softener is larger in size than most systems and it comes in two compartments. That means you need to be sure you have space in your home and it could be difficult to fit under the kitchen sink.
- It’s more expensive. But in line with other large water softeners available.
- Is similar to other models. Including the HVX. What’s more, the Harvey Big Blue also appears to be more efficient so a better option for the same price.
The Harvey XL2 Price, Value & Where to Buy
This large Harvey water softener is ideal if you have a bigger budget and a 5+ bathroom home. It has a much greater flow rate and soft water capacity than most large water softeners, including the Kinetico Premier Max or Premier Plus. That means you can rest assured that you won’t have any pressure drops in the home. What’s more its higher salt capacity of 24kg, makes it an overall easier to use product.
However, in homes with 4 bathrooms, you may be better off with the Kinetico Premier Plus which comes with the added bonus of renowned quality and a 10-year warranty.
This Harvey product can be found advertised online when searching on Google, however is only available to buy through price quotes on most websites. We found it available to buy online from North East & Yorkshire Water Softeners.
We hope this Harvey XL2 review has been helpful, if you want to keep researching, checkout our other reviews below.
Before you buy check out these other Reviews…
The Kinetico Premier Plus Review
The Harvey HVX Water Softener Review
The Harvey Big Blue Review