Searching for a large water softener for your home? We can help. This post is a Kinetico Premier Plus Review, containing all the information you need to know about this product.
What Is the Kinetico Premier Plus Water Softener?
The Kinetico Premier Plus is a twin tank water softener designed for larger family homes and up to 6-8 occupants. It is non-electric and block salt fed. The Premier Plus is the new and improved Premier Maxi softener, coming with a sleek new design to match the Premier Compact.
Formerly Known as …
The previous model of the Premier Plus was the Kinetico Premier Maxi.
Is It the Best Choice for My Home?
This softener is for a 4-5 bathroom home.
The Kinetico Premier Plus Review Score & Rating
Summary: What’s Great About This Softener
The Best Quality. Up to Date & Stylish. Great Warranty.
The Kinetico Premier Plus is the newest release from Kinetico and the new and improved Premier Maxi. With a stylish look and design, this model is the same price as the Maxi and has an even better performance. Kinetico is the best of the best, so you can be reassured of top quality when purchasing this machine. It comes with a 10-year warranty and 2-year labour warranty, which is a safety net in case you come across any unpredicted issues.
A high flow rate of 56L/min, means this softener is designed for larger family homes with 4-5 bathrooms. It is an efficient system and an economical purchase. Because it is non-electric, you’ll see overall lower running costs when compared with an electric softener.
Not only that but it uses less water than the maxi, with a lower salt consumption and regenerates in just 12 minutes. You can also set the hardness to a specified level.
If you have a bigger budget and a larger home – this water softener is a great choice.
Summary: What’s Not So Great About This Softener
Higher Price. Larger in Size.
At a cost of £1995 excluding installation, this product is not cheap. What’s more, a flow rate of 56L/min may leave a limitation for very large homes with 6+ bathrooms. For example, large Harvey models such as the Big Blue, have flow rates of 80L/min to ensure no pressure drops in large properties.
In terms of the actual physical size, it also has a larger width and depth than other standard softeners, so may be too big to fit under the kitchen sink.
- Design & Size
Twin tank. Non- electric. Tablet salt.
Size dimensions w x d x h) 481mm x 400mm x 650mm
Salt usage: 450g.
Water usage per regeneration: 28L.
Regeneration time: 12 minutes.
- Flow Rate & Soft Water Capacity
Max Flow Rate: 56L/min
Min/Max Pressure: 1-6 Bar.
- Durability & Certification
10 years Warranty & 2 years labour.
- The best quality you can buy. With Kinetico you are paying for top quality and the best product money can buy. This brand is one of the most trusted, according to their customers.
- Non-electric and automatic. You won’t have to fiddle with timers or controls, this non-electric softener does it all for you automatically. It measures the water usage and regenerates only when it needs to. What’s more, being non-electric you’ll have lower overall running costs.
- Even more efficient. The Premier Plus uses less salt and water than the Premier Maxi. It is designed to use just 450g of tablet salt and 28L of water per regeneration. What’s more, each regeneration is just 12 minutes.
- Dual tank design. A twin tank design means you won’t ever be without soft water.
- 10-year parts warranty & 2-year labour. Labour warranties can save you costs in the first few years and a 10-year parts warranty represents a long product lifespan.
- A quiet drive. Meaning you won’t hear the system regenerating.
- Works well with high pressure systems. Perfect for family homes with 4-5 bathrooms and works well with mega flow systems and combi boilers.
- Hardness precision. This softener can be programmed for specific hardness levels for maximum efficiency.
- A higher price. Although customers seem to think the price is worth it, if you are on a strict budget it may not be the product for you. We did a lot of shopping around for the best price, finding a direct enquiry with NE Water Softeners gave the best price.
- Parts can be expensive. This only applies after the 10-year warranty.
- Not ideal for more than 5 bathrooms. Although it is classed as a “large softener”, with a flow rate of 56L/min, it will struggle to support very large homes and homes with 6 or more bathrooms. In this case, you may be better off with a Harvey softener like the Big Blue (flow rate of 80L/min).
Where to Buy, Kinetico Premier Plus Price & Promo Codes
You can find the Premier Plus online from several different websites. This top-quality softener is ideal for family homes with 4-5 bathrooms and if you have a higher budget. If you want the best of the best – this is the product for you.
The overall quality and running costs of the Premier Plus may be worth the initial extra investment, with a higher quality, lower running costs and a better efficiency, saving you money in the long run. However, with 6 or more bathrooms, a larger softener is recommended for your home to ensure no pressure drops.
You can find this product through Google with top results being NE Water Softeners, UKh20 and QualityH2O. When enquiring directly – NE Water softeners offer the best price with £200 off and a free installation kit worth £134.99. They also offer £100 off across their website with the code NEWS .
We hope this Kinetico Premier Plus review has been helpful, if you want to keep researching, checkout our other reviews below.
Before you buy check out these other Reviews…
The Kinetico Premier Plus Review
The Harvey Big Blue Review
The Harvey XL2 Water Softener Review